- January 2018-Present: Research assistant, the Music Lab (PI: Samuel Mehr) at Harvard University, Department of Psychology
- May 2018-Present: Lab manager, Evolutionary Psychology Lab (PI: Max Krasnow) at Harvard University, Department of Psychology
- August 2016-Present: Private violin teacher: classical, contemporary, and improvisation
- December 2010-Present: Performance artist: Mei Ohara (vocalist, electric violinist, keyboardist, beat producer) - registered composer with ASCAP; label: Jungle Up; Boston Circus Guild member
- May 2015-January 2018: Key holder/cashier, Teuscher Chocolates of Switzerland, luxury retail
- January 2015-May 2015: Living Laboratory intern, Museum of Science
- June 2012-January 2015: Research assistant, Computational Perception and Cognition team (PI: Aude Oliva) at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (MIT CSAIL)
- April 2012-July 2015: First violinist, Siagel Productions String Trio
- January-June 2012: Volunteer, Boston Hassle musician and concert reviews
- September 2011-May 2012: Violin teaching assistant, Boston Youth Symphony Orchestras Intensive Community Program (BYSO ICP)
- September 2008-May 2012: Production assistant, Boston University
- June 2007: Art apprentice, the Levine School of Music Summer Music and Arts Camp
Papers & Abstracts
- 2019: Mehr, S. A., Singh, M., Knox, D., Ketter, D. M., Pickens-Jones, D., Atwood, S., Lucas, C., Egner, A., Jacoby, N., Hopkins, E. J., Howard, R. M., Hartshorne, J. K., Jennings, M. V., Simson, J., Bainbridge, C. M., Pinker, S., O'Donnell, T. J., Krasnow, M. M., & Glowacki, L. (forthcoming). "Universality and diversity in human song."" Science.
- 2015: Bainbridge, C. M., Bainbridge, W. A., Oliva, A. (2015). "Quadri-stability of a spatially ambiguous auditory illusion." Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
- Bylinskii, Z., Isola, P., Bainbridge, C.M., Torralba, A., & Oliva, A. (2015). "Intrinsic and Extrinsic Effects on Image Memorability." Vision Research.
- Borkin, M., Bylinskii, Z., Kim, N. W., Bainbridge, C. M., Yeh, S. C., Borkin, D., Pfister, H., Oliva, A. "Beyond Memorability: Visualization Recognition and Recall." IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (Proceedings of InfoVis 2015).
- 2019: Moser, C., Lee-Rubin, H., Infant-Directed Vocalization Collaboration, Bainbridge, C. M., Atwood, S., Krasnow, M. M., Mehr, S. A. (2019, March). Acoustical regularities in infant-directed vocalizations worldwide. Poster presented at the 177th Meeting of The Acoustical Society of America, Louisville, KY, USA.
- 2018: Bainbridge, C. M., Atwood, S., Xing, F., Bertolo, M., Lopez, K., Bitran, A., Youngers, J., & Mehr, S. A. (2019). Infant responses to foreign lullabies differ from responses to other foreign vocal music. Poster presented at the Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Baltimore, MD, USA.
- 2014: Bainbridge, C. M., Oliva, A. "Perceptual Biasing of a Continuous Auditory Quadri-stable Illusion." Journal of Vision, 14 (10), 435. VSS (Vision Sciences Society).
- 2013: Bainbridge, C. M., Bainbridge, W. A., & Oliva, A. "Introducing a Quadri-stable Auditory Spatial Illusion: Imagining Objects Moving Through Space." Journal of Vision, 13 (9), 1074. VSS (Vision Sciences Society).
- Bainbridge, C. M., Bainbridge, W. A., & Oliva, A. "Tricking the Ear: Using a Quadri-stable Auditory Illusion to Influence Sound Localization." Poster in the Auditory Perception, Cognition, and Action Meeting (APCAM), as part of the Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society.
- 2008-2012: Boston University, completed Bachelor of Music in Violin Performance
- 2010 (Fall Term): Royal College of Music in London, United Kingdom
- 2007 (Summer): Boston University Tanglewood Institute
- 2000-2007: Levine School of Music
- Additional coursework
- STAT 104: Introduction to Quantitative Methods for Economics, Harvard Extension School
- CSCI E-12: Fundamentals of Website Development, Harvard Extension School
- Research Lab/Office
- Certified assistant experience in fMRI studies
- Experience with methods in experimental psychology (vision, audition, memory), including running studies and validating participation through Amazon Mechanical Turk and Turkgate
- Recruiting and running experiments on adult and infant populations
- Running eye-tracking studies/eye calibrations with Eyelink 1000
- Annotating images/graphics/text using LabelMe
- Gaze and affect coding in Datavyu
- Finances: bookkeeping for lab petty cash (including submitting RFPs and journal vouchers to accounts payable), expense reports via Concur
- CITI training completed (last updated: 2018)
- Version control: Git & Github
- Statistics in Excel, R, Stata; some experience with Matlab and SPSS
- Building surveys and experiments in Qualtrics
- Programming experiments in Psychopy, including basic Python
- Microsoft Office, Keynote
- Text editors: Atom, TextMate
- Project organization with Trello
- Communications in Slack
- Still/Motion Graphics
- Editing and designing graphics and stimuli in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- 3D modeling and animation in Blender
- Video editing with Adobe Premiere & After Effects, iMovie
- Audio manipulation, production, and analysis programs including but not limited to: Pro Tools, Reason, Audition, Ableton, Audiosculpt, Audacity
- Familiarity with setting up audio equipment live and in studio (including stereo and multi-channel configurations)
- Creation of auditory illusions (quadri-stable spatial illusions: transverse, circling; tri-stable tritone illusion)
- Music theory and ear training
- Musical notation and transcription in Sibelius, Finale, and MuseScore
- 2008-2012: Boston University Grant & Music Department Performance Award
- 2005-2006: Levine School of Music, Tuition Waiver Scholarship
- 2004: WPAS (Washington Performing Arts Society) Scholarship Award
- International Music Festival held at Bryn Mawr College, $500 Tuition Aid
- 2007: Winner of the Composition Competition in Honor of Alma Grayce Miller
- National Symphony Orchestra (at the Kennedy Center) Young Associate, selected as one of the twenty outstanding instrumentalists (six violinists) in greater Washington Metropolitan area
- 2006: Prize Winner, Jack Weaver Memorial String Competition
- 2005: International Music Festival held at Bryn Mawr College, awarded as one of the Best Five Chamber Players
- 2004: WPAS (Washington Performing Arts Society) Feder String Competition, Judge’s Award
- Cogen Concerto Competition, First Prize
- 2003: WPAS Feder String Competition, Second Prize
- 2002: WPAS Feder String Competition, First Prize
back to top